Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dear You

Dear You.
You who I'm not supposed to still be thinking about.
You who I've blocked and removed from my online life.
You who told me many moons ago.. that I could do this.
You who abandoned me.. when I did it.
You... who said he would never leave.
You left.

I'm now listening to your music, stumbling onto your pictures.
Wondering... hoping... could we go back?

I sit here perplexed.
You are still able to use the words "soul mates".
How is it possible that we could ever be mates... without ever meeting?
How could you know anything about my soul... without seeing my eyes, feeling my lips, touching my hips...?

We've been through this many times before.. and many moons ago...
I have to now accept that our time has passed.
Whatever could've been.. can no longer be.

So I thank you... for making me believe that I was worth the effort so long ago.
For helping me find the beauty that was hidden inside for so long.
For bittersweet moments that I can never forget.

I'm sorry that we hurt each other... when neither one of us wanted that.
There is still a small part of me that is angry with you.
I'm angry that you gave up too easily..
angry that you didn't fight for me.

But with all these mixed up feelings...
With all this unresolved madness...
I say good bye.

goodbye kiss

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you got hurt pretty bad.

    It's really weird because I'm the "him" in something similar (met a girl via Twitter, ended up unintentionally hurting her, now feeling like crap). Try, as hard as it is, to give him some benefit of the doubt. So often we run away when we don't know what else to do, it's so much easier.

    I don't believe anyone (except the worst) intentionally hurt those around them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe that we do the best that we can with what we have.
    If it was real, it would've been worth the effort to keep fighting for it.
    That's the hard truth.

    Thank you for your honesty, but I challenge you to apologise to her. It will help heal wounds on both sides, no matter how big or small the hurt.

    ReplyDelete