Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

I need a positive, happy blogpost. So here it is. :)

It was Thanksgiving in the USA last week. While I can be a cynical, sarcastic **** (insert four letter word of choice :P) sometimes, I was actually quite touched by some of my American friends and their posts about what they're thankful for. A few other friends have been doing 30 days of gratitude during November. I've been wanting to join in... but maybe I should do all 30 days today. Let's see how we go...

I am thankful for:
1. my mom who's always there. with all our ups and downs... she's there.
2. a place i can call home. it's not perfect but it is enough.
3. the internet and the way it connects me to the world.
4. enough food to eat.
5. a few good friends.
6. my car.
7. clothes... far too many.
8. shoes... never enough ;-)
9. family.... with all their craziness.
10. a job and enough money to do stuff.
11. the colour pink and how it just makes everything better.
12. the occasional kindness of strangers
13. sunsets
14. cocktails
15. cameras and photographs
16. music... in all its forms. all of it.
17. the beach.
18. summer.
19. rain.
20. love.
21. hope.
22. dreams.
23. my father. it's complicated but it's ok.
24. electricity and running water. there are people ten minutes away from me who dont have these things.
25. sleep... which is what i need right now.
26. cape town. table mountain. south africa.
27.
28.
29.
30.
and that's as far as I can go right now.

I will try again tomorrow.

~anib

No comments:

Post a Comment